Wednesday, October 28, 2009

What I Learnt Today.

You'll have to excuse me if this post makes no sense whatsoever. I awoke with a panic attack at 5.45am this morning after dreaming that the five hour kindergarten excursion we attended today had in fact been changed to a week long camp, and I hadn't packed any clothes for Petal or myself.

Anyway, today was a learning experience for children and adults alike. Here's what I learnt.

  • If you haven't taken a group of four year olds for a bush walk in a torrential down pour then you don't know the meaning of fun.

  • Don't wear a dress if you want to hold the giant carpet python, unless you plan on providing the other parents which much x-rated hilarity.

  • You know that really annoying girl in the class who almost dislocates her shoulder because she is so keen to shoot her hand into the air and answer every single question. That is my daughter.

  • Petal wants to be first. Every. Single. Time.

  • My new Mary-Jane style runners (sneakers or trainers, if you prefer) were an excellent choice except for when standing atop a bull ants nest.

  • I should have taken out an award for having the worst baseball cap hair at the conclusion of the excursion.

  • Even healthy home made muffins are considered contraband with kindy teachers, but if you eat them hiding behind your lunch box with your mum, it's okay.

And now for your amusement, here are some kitty cat pictures which represent our appearance before and after our day at the Environmental Education Centre.

Photo from here.


Photo from here.

I hope that you had an educational day today too.


6 comments:

  1. Ha! The hand up in the air answering every question? That's my kid too!
    And I'm with you - what's wrong with a wholesome homemade muffin for morning tea?! Rules are rules I guess because I'm sure muffin translates to 'chocolate cupcake' for some people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's not nice to find amusement in other's discomfort, but I have to confess, I'm smiling after reading this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me laugh sooo much!!!! Always good to see comedy cat photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gals, making you smile, makes me smile. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! We just had a trip with the preschool class in the pouring rain. Open air hay rides and muddy llamas. We had a fantastic time and also resembled the bottom cat after.
    This post made me smile quite a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This made me smile because a) I am a kinder teacher...
    and b) I am usually the one hiding behind a lunch box eating contraband cake or chocolate... saying with a mouth full, 'no, sweetie, I'm eating a yummy salad sandwich... now, go eat your fruit OK"

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a few words, I love to know what you're thinking.