Anyway, today was a learning experience for children and adults alike. Here's what I learnt.
- If you haven't taken a group of four year olds for a bush walk in a torrential down pour then you don't know the meaning of fun.
- Don't wear a dress if you want to hold the giant carpet python, unless you plan on providing the other parents which much x-rated hilarity.
- You know that really annoying girl in the class who almost dislocates her shoulder because she is so keen to shoot her hand into the air and answer every single question. That is my daughter.
- Petal wants to be first. Every. Single. Time.
- My new Mary-Jane style runners (sneakers or trainers, if you prefer) were an excellent choice except for when standing atop a bull ants nest.
- I should have taken out an award for having the worst baseball cap hair at the conclusion of the excursion.
- Even healthy home made muffins are considered contraband with kindy teachers, but if you eat them hiding behind your lunch box with your mum, it's okay.
And now for your amusement, here are some kitty cat pictures which represent our appearance before and after our day at the Environmental Education Centre.