Sunday, July 12, 2009

Hello and welcome.

Hello and pleased to meet you. My name is AussieWaffler. Well all right, that isn't actually printed on my birth certificate, but it is a name that I have adopted wholeheartedly on my journey into cyberland and I now answer to it, along with Mummy, Mama and Hey You.

I'd like to introduce you to my family. Firstly, there's The Coach, my husband of many moons, the man who cooks our Sunday Roasts and who can often be found on the weekend drifting happily up and down the aisles of our local hardware store.

Then there's my son, Le Artiste. He's seven (very, nearly, eight) and has unfortunately inherited many of his mothers more neurotic traits. But boy he's a tidy little fellow and you should see his lovely neat cutting and pasting. Yes, enough said I think.

Lastly, there's my daughter, Petal. She's a four year old Princess-in-waiting, and it could be a rather a long wait given the lack of Princes around at the moment. She has a flair for the melodramatic, deep affection for our crabby old cat, Fat Cat, and a love for all things pink, sparkly and downright girly.

We live on a mountain and I love it more then I could have imagined possible. I have moments which literally take my breath away, the perfect breeze, a quiet street dappled in golden, late afternoon sun, the shimmer of the far off ocean on a clear, post storm morning. Just little things which make me smile and think "Yeah, now that's what I'm talking about."

So welcome to my blog, I hope you enjoy reading my waffling as much as I enjoy writing it.

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely load of waffle! Look forward to reading more of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did done well !

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely life you have! Looking forward to hearing lots more about it. 140 characters never enough!!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to read some more. Hooray for you.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a few words, I love to know what you're thinking.