Monday, July 27, 2009

Todays lesson : Camouflage

Camouflage is all about instinct, is it not ? Wild animals aren't gathering at the watering hole to pass on tips : "Yeah Frank, look you're doing okay, but with your yellow tones I highly recommend you stick to the tall, golden grasses on the plains. You're sticking out like a sore thumb in the lush green vegetation and the antelope can see you a mile away, just thought you should know."


Taking a moment to survey the neighbourhood, I have been gobsmacked at the lack of basic camouflage skills. Take the above, this is Cat, and this is a camouflage FAIL. She gets points for matching long, fluffy fur with long, fluffy grass but it's frightfully apparent that she has put very little thought into her colour scheme. Hope you are sleeping with one eye open Cat because you're not fooling anyone, no matter how small a ball you roll into.

Fat Cat has taken a different approach. She gets points for finding a nook and trying a surprise additional height element. But at the end of the day, black against white and green = camouflage FAIL.

Teddy is working on the 'if I can't see you, you can't see me,' angle. Nice try Teddy but you are still missing the basic principle of camouflage, blend, blend, blend. Sorry Teddy, camouflage FAIL.

Wait, what's this......let me look a little closer, why Teddy, well done. You have been paying attention, which is more then I can say for those stubborn felines who are just begging to be carted off by a stray mountain lion. Can you see what Teddy has done everyone ? That's right, Teddy is blending in with the clothes hamper, what a clever Teddy.

Teddy.....Teddy.......has anyone seen Teddy ? I seem to have lost her. Teddy ? Oh well, I'm sure she'll turn up soon, in the meantime I hope you have all learnt a valuable lesson about camouflage, when in doubt, colour match and blend. Now where on earth could that Teddy have gone ?

2 comments:

  1. Oh. My. God. You just made me guffaw with laughter. That was such a brilliantly offbeat post matching my sense of humour *exactly*. Farking brilliant, genius I tell you!

    Rah ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you kind Sir, we strange folk must stick together and ensure that the laughter never dies. (The Coach looked at me like I was completely insane when I told him what I had written about, some people just don't get it, do they ?)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a few words, I love to know what you're thinking.