Thursday, August 6, 2009

Lost - Part Two

Off we trotted in the direction taken by the group. No problemo. Then suddenly, a conundrum, our track was splitting into two directions, one path winding up and one veering left.

Common sense dictated that we follow the track up, but when you are only twelve years old with an overactive imagination, it only takes the smallest thing to send you into a tail-spin.

Have you ever heard an angry koala ? Sure, they're all cute and fuzzy wuzzy bundles to look at, but when they are riled up they sound very much like a rage-driven, scientific experiment gone wrong, over-sized, razor-back pig, with sharpened tusks, red eyes and an insationable lust for human blood.

So when we heard the bellow of the angry over-sized razor-back (or yes, more feasibly, the peevish koala) we did what any person in their right mind would do. We back-tracked and moved at high speed away from the noise and down the other track. Tell me you wouldn't have done the same ?

It didn't take us too long to realise that we were completely alone. We tried 'coo-ee-ing', with no success but we were still too rattled by the loud grunting, screetches to turn back the way we had come.

The funny thing is that I don't recall being particularly concerned by our predicament, I figured we should head for the rise and from there we should be able to find a vantage point to work out which way to go. I guess growing up as Daddy's little fishing buddy had instilled certain outdoor survival skills in me, or perhaps it was all those episodes of The Famous Five, either way, we calmly kept on walking.......to be continued.....

4 comments:

  1. Kimberley, have you forgotten ? Darn, I felt certain this would have been right up there with everyone's 'most memorable moments'. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I ever tell you I struggle with suspense, but since you are writing I am presuming it is not too bad an ending. I am staying tuned

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha, yes, the fact that I am writing this is a bit of a spoiler, but in a good way. I shall put you out of your agony later today.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a few words, I love to know what you're thinking.